Greenacre joined Wellspring Academy Trust on the 1st April 2017. Wellspring Academy Trust’s Board of Directors are responsible to the Secretary of State for the effectiveness of all the Academies under its umbrella. In order to ensure effectiveness at Academy level, the Board delegates key responsibilities to the Academy Local Governing Body.
Details of the Governance arrangements within Wellspring Academy Trust and the scheme of delegation can be found by clicking on the link.
For a copy of the master funding agreement please access:
Copies of all minutes from Governing Body meetings are available on request from the Clerk to the Governors. Please ring the school number to request.
Governor Attendance 2016-17 and 2017-18Governor Code of PracticeGovernor Register of Interests 2017-18
Governors Allowance Policy Issue 3 – Reviewed June 2016Terms of Office – Greenacre Governors Wellspring – July 2017
If you wish to contact the Governors please telephone the school or email on email@example.com.
Greenacre School – Local Governing Body
The Local Governing Body deals with the running of the school. The Local Governing Body consists of volunteers from the professional and wider community and the Headteacher. All Governors complete a four year term of office except ex-officio members who remain on the Governing Body for the duration of their post. The members of Greenacre Academy Local Governing Body are:
- George WildChairTrust Appointed- April 2017Read MoreGeorge has worked for over 40 years in a variety of roles within a Local, UK and International Engineering Group specialising in the Finance, HR, IT and Company Secretarial areas. Strong links to charitable and community organisations. Currently George is Chair at Greenacre and the designated Link Governor for Business and Finance.
- Tracy FairhamVice Chair/Parent GovernorAppointed- April 2017Read MoreTracy has been an elected Parent Governor since 2013 and she has taken on the role Safeguarding Link Governor and Vice Chair. Tracy works part time for a house builder in a commercial role and provides administration support at her husband’s company. She also works with local support groups to try to establish better outcomes for our young people.
- Rachel ColtonStaff GovernorAppointed- April 2017Read MoreRachel is a teacher at Greenacre and is a staff elected governor. She studied at Wolverhampton University and completed her PGCE at Sheffield Hallam. She worked throughout Sheffield on supply and came to Greenacre in this capacity. After working for a year she was able to secure a permanent post. She completed her Makaton regional tutor course and has delivered training both internally and externally.
- Molly BeeverTrust Appointed- April 2017Read MoreMolly’s career has been spent in Industry and education. She was Personal Assistant to the Managing Director of a National company for a number of years and a Senior Lecturer in Further Education for 20 years – her last post being Assistant Director of Faculty. Molly has been a governor since 2000 in secondary and special schools and was formerly Chair of Governors at Greenacre School. She is a member of Barnsley Alliance Board, Schools’ Forum and the BGA Executive Committee.
- Emma McMahonParent GovernorAppointed- April 2017Read MoreEmma is a wife and mother of three sons. She has been a governor for over 10 years – the last three years at Greenacre where she is an elected Parent Governor.
Emma is the designated Link Governor for Teaching, Learning and Staffing. She is also the governor representative on the School Council where she helps pupils to make outstanding contributions, share class questions, views and opinions. This is the highlight of her role as a Governor as she feels it is all about the young people – giving them a voice and enabling them to make independent choices.
- Jackie McCabeTrust Appointed- April 2017Read MoreJacqueline is a retired solicitor who dealt with family and care matters and is now a foster carer; she has fostered a number of children of different ethnicity, ages and disabilities over the last 10 years. She helps run a local play group and feels passionate about the need to support all our schools to ensure each child can achieve their best outcomes. Jacqueline is the designated Link Governor for Community Engagement.
- Elaine PadgettStaff GovernorAppointed- April 2017Read MoreAs a parent Elaine has always been actively involved with her children’s education and was a committee member at their pre-school before eventually becoming chair. Her role was working alongside staff, parents and other professionals such as the Local Authority and Ofsted. Before Elaine came to work at Greenacre School she was the manager of a pre-school/out of school Club working closely with the ‘Board of Trustees’ around policies/procedures, safeguarding and child protection. She is a lead teaching assistant within the Family Team at Greenacre School and an elected staff governor.
- Ann KellyTrust Appointed- April 2017Read MoreAnn has worked in the hospitality industry for 48 years of which 38 years have been in a senior management position. She considers herself to be a good judge of what is needed for a business to be a success, can communicate well with people and believes she can help them achieve their goals. Ann is the designated Link Governor for Health and Safety – a pivotal role in her present position as General Manager of The Holiday Inn in Barnsley.
- Vicky BarrickTrust Appointed- April 2017Read MoreVicky has worked for HSBC since leaving school in a variety of roles, including leadership roles, Human Resources, Performance Management, Planning and Risk. She has been a Governor at Greenacre since 2007 and is the designated Link Governor for Key Pupil Groups/Standards and Achievements.
- Mark WoodEx Officio MemberRead MoreMark wood is the Chief Finance Officer at Wellspring Academy Trust. Having previously been the Business Director at Greenacre, Mark knows the school well and sits on the board deputising for the CEO of the Wellspring Academy Trust.
- Diane GreavesEx Officio MemberRead MoreAs the Headteacher of the school Diane sits on the governing body. Diane became Headteacher in 2015 and has been at the school 15 years having previously serving as an Assistant Headteacher and prior to that, class teacher.
- Kate GauntTrust Appointed November 2017Read MoreKate has worked at Joseph Norton Academy, which is part of Wellspring Academy Trust, for 3 years. JNA is a special school for children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties. Kate is the Pastoral Manager and Designated Safeguarding Lead for the school so is competent in leading schools in safeguarding, behaviour, attendance, staffing and family support.