Greenacre joined Wellspring Academy Trust on the 1st April 2017. Wellspring Academy Trust’s Board of Directors are responsible to the Secretary of State for the effectiveness of all the Academies under its umbrella. In order to ensure effectiveness at Academy level, the Board delegates key responsibilities to the Academy Local Governing Body.
Details of the Governance arrangements within Wellspring Academy Trust and the scheme of delegation can be found by clicking on the link.
For a copy of the master funding agreement please access:
Copies of all minutes from Governing Body meetings are available on request from the Clerk to the Governors. Please ring the school number to request.
If you wish to contact the Governors please telephone the school or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenacre School – Local Governing Body
The schools’ individual Governing Body was disbanded in February 2020 and a new single over-arching governing body for Greenacre and Springwell Learning Community was formed. All Governors complete a four year term of office except ex-officio members who remain on the Governing Body for the duration of their post. The members of the Greenacre/Springwell Governing Body are::
- George WildChairTrust Appointed- April 2017Read MoreGeorge has worked for over 40 years in a variety of roles within a Local, UK and International Engineering Group specialising in the Finance, HR, IT and Company Secretarial areas. Strong links to charitable and community organisations. Currently George is Chair at Greenacre and the designated Link Governor for Business and Finance.
- Ben FinleyVice ChairTrust Appointed - December 18 (Transferred February 2020)Read MoreBen is the Service Manager for BMBC’s Youth Offending Team and has worked with young people in the criminal justice system for over 15 years. Ben is currently Vice Chair of the governing body.
- Tracy FairhamParent GovernorAppointed- April 2017Read MoreTracy has been an elected Parent Governor since 2013. Tracy works part time for a house builder in a commercial role and provides administration support at her husband’s company. She also works with local support groups to try to establish better outcomes for our young people.
- Louise HinchcliffeAppointed - February 2020
- Jackie McCabeParent GovernorAppointed - April 2017Read MoreJacqueline is a retired solicitor who dealt with family and care matters and is now a foster carer; she has fostered a number of children of different ethnicity, ages and disabilities over the last 10 years. She helps run a local play group and feels passionate about the need to support all our schools to ensure each child can achieve their best outcomes.
- Elaine PadgettStaff GovernorAppointed - April 2017Read MoreAs a parent Elaine has always been actively involved with her children’s education and was a committee member at their pre-school before eventually becoming chair. Her role was working alongside staff, parents and other professionals such as the Local Authority and Ofsted. Before Elaine came to work at Greenacre School she was the manager of a pre-school/out of school Club working closely with the ‘Board of Trustees’ around policies/procedures, safeguarding and child protection. She is a lead teaching assistant within the Family Team at Greenacre School and an elected staff governor.
- Cllr Sarah Jane TattersallTrust Appointed - December 18 (Transferred February 2020)Read MoreSarah Jane is a local elected member of Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council. She has knowledge of school procedures and achievements.
- Laura LeithgoeStaff GovernorAppointed - February 19 (Transferred February 2020)Read MoreLaura works as a Teacher at Springwell Learning Community.
- Matthew WelshTrust Appointed - July 19 (Transferred January 2020)
- Mark WoodEx Officio MemberRead MoreMark wood is the Chief Finance Officer at Wellspring Academy Trust. Having previously been the Business Director at Greenacre, Mark knows the school well and sits on the board deputising for the CEO of the Wellspring Academy Trust.
- Sarah WilsonEx Officio MemberRead MoreAs the Executive Headteacher of the school Sarah sits on the governing body.
Sarah joined Greenacre in April 2020 and leads the newly formed Special Provision Partnership that includes Greenacre, Springwell Learning Community and Joseph Norton Academy in Kirklees.
Governors Serving in the last 12 Months:
Kate Gaunt – Trust Appointed Governor – Appointed November 2017; Stepped Down September 2019
Molly Beever – Trust Appointed Governor – Appointed April 2017; Stepped Down February 2020
Ann Kelly – Trust Appointed Governor – Appointed April 2017; Stepped Down February 2020
Vicky Barrick – Trust Appointed Governor – Appointed April 2017; Stepped Down February 2020
Rachel Colton- Staff Governor- Appointed April 2017; Stepped Down February 2020